Thursday, November 22, 2001

NICE MAIL & TURKEY TIMES
I guess one of the reasons people write Blogs is a desire to connect. It's like throwing bottles stuffed with messages into the ocean. No matter how hopeless, you dream of a response. I'm pleased to say my blog got it's first response today. A nice person named Rachel sent this email:

I just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying readin your blog. It's awesome. Keep up the great work. Rachel

Thanks Rachel. Her email's subject heading was rockin' the suburbs. Cool. From her uninhibited use of the word "awesome" I guess Rachel has spent some time in the 'burbs too. She referred me to her own way cool blog at progoddess.blogspot.com. It revealed that Rachel's family was having turkey at NOON!

Hey, it might be a tradition, but a Noon start for Thanksgiving makes it hard to justify serious drinking, which is often mandatory for enduring family events.

Anyway, I'm pleased to say my Mom came through like the Mom of day's gone by, rocking our event with a killer bird and all the fixings. I'm off to have pie now - if I can pull my son off the plate before it's all gone.

No comments: