Wednesday, December 05, 2001

THE SPREAD OF PINK LADY & JEFF
The Pink Lady infection continues. Steve from Orlando, another pop culture maven, sent in this.

Oh, man ... man.

"Pink Lady and Jeff."

Oh, Jesus.

Just when I thought I had wiped that show from my memory. As Wolfman Jack once said to Felix Unger, "You brought me down. I haven't been this down since 1956."


Maybe it's not you. Maybe it's just the fact that I also remember an even-more-obscure detail about this show, which I will now pass on in the form of an annoying trivia question instead of just sharing outright.

Q: What was the name of the addled prizefighter Jeff Altman played as a recurring character on "Pink Lady and Jeff?"

SUPER-TOUGHIE BONUS QUESTION: In which famous movie did this prizefighter
claim to have appeared, and as what character?


Any answers out there? I'm pretty sure I know the first question, but not the second. Perhaps if you nail both, Steve will send you a present. Or not. BTW - don't bother trying www.jeffaltman.com. Turns out someone's hijacked the URL and it leads to a gambling site and pop-up window hell.

No comments: