Sunday, June 27, 2004

A NEW LOOK
Finally got through a revised take on the Limbo - a bit cleaner and hopefully, I've got the links to the left under control.

This seems stupid to say buuuuuut...golf is becoming a major passion in my life. Today I played nine holes with Natalie in 98 degree weather. Yesterday I drove 30 minutes to play a top course for $20 by myself. I got through one hole when they sounded the lightening alarm. I spent the next two hours in the bar, drinking a large beer and watching black clouds put on an impressive display. Oh well, next time. I didn't mind too much. I find this game allows me to concentrate for long periods on an focused activity - not unlike a good video game. I'm actually drained mentally (as well as physically) after playing. Another attractive feature - golf is probably the only game in the world where the average person can play on the same field/course as a pro, using virtually the same tools/clubs. I don't think you can say that for any other sport.

Of course, it's also nice to be able to play with the wife and kiddie. And in a few years, the kiddie will be kicking my ass, so I better enjoy my advantage while I have it.

BTW - free of anal fissure pain for three days now!

No comments: