Saturday, September 04, 2004

HERE WE GO!
Francis is starting to be felt here, just before noon on Saturday. Winds have picked up and a quick, intense rainstorm just trapped Natalie outside while she was jogging (I picked her up in the car). Jake has built a hurricane shelter out of a large cardboard box. He feels safe and can still watch Yu-Gi-Oh.



The big part of this storm is suppose to last for 24 hours, so this is going to be a long day. I think everyone is much better prepared for this one. Life around town has come to a virtual standstill. I mean, McDonald's and Burger King were closed yesterday, a beautiful Florida evening. It makes me worry about the power of capitalism that the threat of a storm can shut down every business in town.

Neither sleet, nor rain, nor snow shall stop the mail from getting through

Oh yeah, the Post Office is shut down too. I guess there motto didn't take into account hurricanes.

No comments: